The ManageEngine Security Team
Cybersecurity solutions for your customers
There are tens of thousands of cybersecurity incidents reported across the globe annually. The mass adoption of cloud solutions and remote work in the wake of the pandemic means most organisations' attack surfaces have increased exponentially. Adopting the right cybersecurity solutions is the only way your customers can protect their businesses against these attacks.
Heroes in IT don’t wear capes or badges, the IT team is using skills and the right solutions to be the real heroes of a company. With cyber-attacks on the rise, they’re protecting the company against phishing, malware, denial-of-service or brute-force attacks, ensuring customer and employee data is kept secure and out of hackers’ hands.
What damage can cyber-attacks have for an organisation?
Identity and Access Management
Meet Meg, the Identity and Access Management specialist of our Security Team. She has the right tools and skills to handle the rise of cloud solutions and unsecured personal devices.
Meg uses ManageEngine solutions to control the access to the business’s networks, applications and data, combining technologies like identity verification, endpoint security and least privilege controls to mitigate the risk of cyber-attacks and limit hacker’s access in case of an attack.
To achieve these controls, Meg:
- Centralises access management and monitoring of accounts and mailboxes across the Active Directory, Exchange Servers, Microsoft 365 services, and G Suite.
- Mitigates credential-based attacks without compromising on their users' ease-of-access using added layers of security such as multi-factor authentication and single sign-on.
- Enables secure access for the distributed workforce to remote target systems through one-click, passwordless gateways.
- Controls access to IT resources and applications based on roles and job responsibilities.
- Monitors all privileged sessions using AI and ML-driven solutions to detect anomalies and malicious user activity.
Security Information and Event Management
Ralph is the security information and event management expert. He uses ManageEngine solutions to ensure complete protection across the organisation by tracking critical events in the network in real-time to defend against persistent threats and to mitigate attacks.
To detect and respond to security incidents and vulnerabilities before serious damage is done, Ralph:
- Leverages machine-learning based user and entity behaviour analytics to pre-empt internal threats, data exfiltration, and user account compromises.
- Automates incident response with predefined and customisable workflows to save critical response time.
- Identifies malicious communications with blacklisted IPs, URLs, and domains by corroborating data from threat intelligence services.
- Analyses all network activity to detect and defend against malware, brute-force attacks, crypto jacking, and other threats.
- Monitors active VPN connections and gets alerts about unusual VPN activities.
- Ensures compliance with data privacy and security regulations such as PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA, and the GDPR with predefined report templates.
John is the Endpoint security expert of the team. He has seen an increase in challenges to manage and monitor endpoints due to the introduction of more BYOD policies and shift to remote working. He uses ManageEngine solutions to ensure all endpoints are secured against a wide variety of threats.
John gives users the freedom to work anytime, anywhere without compromising on security or regulatory requirements by:
- Managing and securing all endpoints such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, network devices, and even browsers.
- Protecting users against software vulnerabilities, malicious websites and applications, malware, and more.
- Preventing company information from being compromised through lost or stolen devices by remotely locking and wiping all corporate data from them.
- Easily provisioning, backing up, and restoring systems, from the operating system to applications.
- Safeguarding against the threat of data loss and malware intrusions through removable devices.
No matter the industry, an organisation's network is a vital part of its day-to-day operations. Anna is the specialist of network security, an important part of security as a lapse in network security can not only result in network downtime, but also in data theft. Nowadays, it is more important than ever to have IT admins that are extremely agile to maintain an effective security posture.
Anna prevents unplanned downtime and protects against threats in the network by:
- Monitoring and addressing an ever-expanding matrix of users, devices, and applications.
- Continuously tracking the network for internal and external security threats.
- Configuring devices and detecting misconfigurations.
- Identifying device firmware versions and upgrading firmware from a central console.
- Taking regular backups of network configurations to ensure disaster recovery.
- Protecting against unauthorised access to the network or network devices.
- Tracking and adhering to various compliance mandates.
A data breach can cause serious harm to an organisation, damaging its reputation and causing financial losses. Sam is the Data Security expert of the team and ensures that customer information, trade secrets, or other sensitive data doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. Part of his job is to educate employees on how to detect attacks and not fall for social engineered attacks.
To mitigate the risks posed by social engineering attacks and other cyberthreats, Sam:
- Protects data at rest, in use and in motion by providing a unified platform for data visibility and security.
- Discovers files containing personally identifiable information (PII), payment card information (PCI), electronic protected health information (ePHI), intellectual property (IP) and other sensitive information; analysing their permissions and ensuring that they’re secured.
- Ensures the integrity of information by monitoring all critical files, folders, and shares in real time, and receive instant alerts on unauthorised changes in sensitive files.
- Detects ransomware attacks in real-time and executes automated responses to quarantine infected machines, preventing ransomware from spreading
- Prevents data leaks via endpoints using a combination of user prompts, USB blocking, file copy prevention and more.
Are you ready to support your customers in building their ManageEngine Security Team?
Climb has expert knowledge around the ManageEngine Security portfolio and can support you with demos, licensing enquiries and growing opportunities.
Get in touch with our ManageEngine Business Development Manager, David McAdam.